Saturday 21 January 2012

Negotiating Training

Is your colleague despite of being less deserving earns more benefits than you?
Are you Unable to make desired Profits out of your Sales?
Do you end up paying more for any purchase you make?

If yes then you are in need of good negotiation training. The negotiating is not something that you can learn from any book. Rather it is a skill that you have to enhance, revive, brush up and practice to make the most out of it! If talking about negotiation definition, it’s an art of making any conversation beneficial to you without harming other party’s interest.

Whether you are in a job or a business, you ought to come across attitude clashes! What do you do then? Do you start up a quarrel or end up compromising? Negotiation keeps the opportunity door open for you. Ingenious negotiation strategies help you find the way favorable to you without offending the other party’s interest.
In brief, good negotiation skills help you to:

1.     Maintain ongoing professional relations.
2.    Achieve the desired results without losing anything
3.    Turn the circumstances/situations in your favor.

Now that you know how important negotiating is, let’s talk about how to enhance our negotiation skills. I remember, when one of my friends from Lucknow asked me “How should I improve my negotiation skills”, I replied him back “You should improve your knowledge!” Though this answer satisfied him but somehow I was left puzzled! How can knowledge change one’s behavior? Because if it was so, no one on this earth would have a smoking habit or would have drink and drive because we all KNOW that this is wrong! Then what drives our behavior? It’s our preferences.  Because when you do what you prefer to do, you will put in more efforts when compared to doing work that u don’t prefer.

Now I was at the conclusion that what you need to enhance your negotiation skills was updated knowledge, awareness about your weaknesses and strengths and consciousness about your likings. But is this sufficient to make any negotiator a successful one? No it’s not!

I was in Kanpur to attend a seminar. As I am very fond of playing golf, I went to the Golf club to while away my spare time. I met a gentleman there who seemed to be very fond of using one of the particular clubs. He was leaving no opportunity to use that particular club! But as and when required he was also using the other clubs in his kit. That’s exactly how our negotiation skills should work! Though we’re very fond of using few particular negotiation skills and tactics, but to be a winner in every situation one has to master all possible tools of negotiation.

As many new IT companies are coming up in NCRs like Noida and Faridabad, I often get the opportunity to interact with young minds and know their thought process. These young minds taught me another brilliant lesson about negotiation. Negotiation skill automatically improves when you group together with other negotiators. You’re able to find the perfect solution to your problem by discussing and learning from others. It is indeed the fastest, easiest and effective way to improve your negotiation skills. Last but certainly not the least, the age old way of improving that is PRACTICING plays a vital here also. Whenever I go for a negotiation, I ask a close friend of mine to act as the negotiator and I become the second party! This way, I am able to put myself in other party’s shoes which thus help me to find a mutually beneficial solution. Moreover, this exercise gives me immense confidence to keep my words in correct order!

Negotiating, negotiation definition, Lucknow, Kanpur, Noida, Faridabad



negotiation, negotiation skills, negotiation strategies, negotiation skill, negotiation training, negotiation technique
Success Destiny Builder, Goal Setting, Goal Setting Skills, Presentation Skills

No comments:

Post a Comment